Thursday 14 September 2017

Honey Bee!

Good Evening Folks, I hope you have all had a good day.

The weather is getting quite chilly now especially in the early morning, I know cos I'm up early to let Puss in.  Becoming dark much earlier too, so my guess is that Autumn is settling in now.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card,  and also a warm welcome to Maria who has pressed the follow button,  pleased to have you here Marianne, and I hope you pop in often.  Unfortunately I can't find a blog for you as I would like to visit you, let me know if you have one.

More Chocolate Baroque today;
Yes it's another frame, but it was made for a gift,  I do think they make good little gifts, anyway I started by stamping meadow flowers from Crafty Individuals in Archival Green ink. The little bees and sentiment is by CB.  Tim Holtz meadow flower dies, and a lovely dragonfly cut out of velum and glittered.  I've used sparkle Pen on the been wings and added a few sequins.  Of course it required a box, 
Oxide inks with CB stamps,  forget whose sentiment it is, finished off with some Just Pearls. 

Those of you who have been following for a while will know that Alistair plays the fiddle. He is self taught, but just recently he has found and started fiddle lessons and is taking his practise sessions very seriously. The teacher introduces a new tune every week and the students obviously practise at home.  Guess what I'm demented by it and Teallach has taken up residence under the table.  Now I don't want to discourage Alistair, but try as I might I don't remember anything in the marriage vows about listening to awful music,  maybe it comes under the "for better or worse " part.   

Right folks that's me for now,  I'm awaiting Outlander at 9 o'clock. Series 3 has just started on Amazon Prime, so I'm loving that, but won't give anything away.
Take care and see you soon, 



21 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great elements on your beautiful frame. Particularly love the bee's and the glittery dragon fly and your fabulous box x Chuckled at the fiddling!!! Good luck x Yes off shortly to pop the kettle on for Outlander at 9pm...love it as you know and I thank you once again for introducing it to us, we are Frasers and my brother in law in James Fraser, sadly not like the one in Outlander!!!!

cotnob said...

A pretty frame Kate, lots of super floral details and your box is fabulous - a wonderful gift.
I hope you enjoy the new series of Outlander.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dortesjs said...

wow this is great love the bee´s and meadow flowers to ;O))

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely gift Kate. I love all the little details and elements you have added.
Lorraine

Barb said...

Your frame. Enjoy is gorgeous Kate and it's lovely for a present. I really like all the elements especially the bees. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing frame and box, it's an adorable gift!

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Kate, gorgeous bees awesome and different. Poor Alistair I do hope he gets into the 'band' eventually with his fiddle. We once had a guy learning to play the trumpet next door years ago and he drove me insane. Glad we moved after a while.
Sending return email.xxx [aNNie]

brenda said...

Indeed Autumn is settling in Kate, it was down to 5 deg here last night and I am thinking that by the time we return from holiday mid October that frosts will have arrived.

Another beautiful frame with lovely blends of inks and fauna, a lovely gift to receive.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful frame Kate, love the colours and design

Christine Harrop said...

Another beautiful framed gift Kate. The elements you have added look gorgeous. Yes, I think autumn has arrived; dark mornings and early dark nights too. Ah well, summer was good while it lasted. Maybe I will get back into the mood for crafting because the last couple of months have seen my mojo and my enthusiasm gone walkabout. I love to hear the fiddle played but I might not be so enthusiastic if I had to put up with the practice!! Still, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs! Hugs Christine xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Kate, love the gorgeous frame and cute bees on both projects. I have had a quick peek at your projects whilst I was away and they are all gorgeous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Flo Langley said...

Another gorgeous make Kate. They are a lovely idea for gifts. I did giggle when I read your post. We know Alistair likes climbing, just watch he doesn't get on the roof with that fiddle! Or maybe you and Teallach would prefer him up there! lol! :)
Hugs Flo xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Loving all the detail on your pretty frame Kate. Not too keen on the nights drawing in I have to say! Thank you so much for your entertaining post, you brought a smile to my face. I am very envious of Alistair, being able to play the violin must be very satisfying. Have a lovely weekend Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

pam said...

Beautiful decoration on this frame Kate, think your right getting really chilly at night now.
Poor you having to listen to practise music!! lol.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fab, lovong your framed gifts. I don't envy you the music particularly as you are musical with your singing. Loving Outlander, haven't seen last night's yet, hope they follow with series two, we don't have Prime.

Anne said...

Lovely makes as always Kate, I really like your frames and I love anything with bees... and flowers!

Autumn had definitely set in here, we've had the fire lit for the first time tonight and it was so cosy. There is a frost forecast for Sunday morning so that will just about finish off my bedding plants, they been beautiful this year and I'm always sad to see the flowers die.

Anne x

Sue said...

Another lovely frame and gift and the box is so pretty also. Your different flowers on your frame reminded me of the notebooks that artists made of the plant life in North Carolina when the first settlers came here. Some plants, flowers, trees and birds had never been seen by them before and the names they gave them are still used today.

Hugs
Sue

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
This is as stunning in real life and Nesta loves it. She had a tear in her eye but that may have been when I told her she was getting the bill lol!
Much as I think Alistair is a splendid fellow, the fiddle would end up having to be surgically removed. That's what sheds were made for lol!
Ang x

Mia said...

A beautiful frame, Kate. I am sure the receiver of your gift will be very pleased. Great background and colourful die cuts! Kisses, my friend.

Cara said...

Love this frame so pretty and a perfect box too. Shall I post you some earplugs?!

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful project Kate, love the pretty scene you created. Hugs Anet x