Tuesday 4 October 2016

Mermaid Queen!

Hello Everyone, into another week once again. I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Up here in the North of Scotland we had fabulous weather, although very cold in the mornings, but for October it's marvellous.

Teallach and I had a lovely time on our own, and I've been playing with my sewing  machine. Now I had been wondering how to tell Alistair I'd bought one, well I came up with a great plan. When he phoned to let me know what sort of time he expected to be home, he asked me if I'd had a nice time, Oh yes I have, I said, and guess what.... we've got another CAT. I could hear the explosion of words at the other end of the phone, I won't repeat them, so I shouted bye see you later.

I know he would be fairly annoyed by the news, actually there would be no fairly about it, but he could sound of to his pals and get great understanding and comfort from them, and by the time he got home and I said only kidding, I bought a sewing machine, he would be so relieved, that he wouldn't mind at all. Well a sewing machine doesn't ruin carpets and disturbs your sleep. 

He arrived home with a face like thunder, but was certainly relieved it wasn't another puss, and was quite interested in my new purchase, especially as he wants me to make a waterproof bag for when he takes his fiddle away on the canoe weekends, so all's well that ends well, as the great bard said.

My make for today is me trying to be all arty and clever, so I don't know what you'll make of it, but here goes;
It's a canvas and as it is for the CB Colour Challenge, all the images are CB stamps from the Mermaid Queen set and one of the AYOS sets Fish, which I cut up individually.
I've used all sorts of mediums, there's Starlight Paint, Pebeo Dyna Paint, Pebeo Textured Gel. Imagination Crafts Shells stencil, Shells, ribbon, hessian, gems, and stuck it all together. 
Here is the inspirational photo and colours.
It was fun to make and for once I had everything I needed to hand.

That's me for now, and thank you for all the lovely comments on my Christmas cards. Alistair is on the dinner making tonight, haggis, neeps and tatties, don't you just love when someone else cooks, mind you he'll be in and out with what do I do with this and how long will that take to cook questions, bless him!!

Take care everyone and see you soon.

I would like to enter my card into the;http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/challenge-twenty-seven.html



24 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

I love this Kate, it is absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous colours and design. We'll have to meet up again soon. Marlene

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I absolutely love it Kate and it's a great take on the colour challenge. The Mermaid is gorgeous and you've coloured her beautifully. It's such a wonderful piece of mixed media art. Sandra X

meg said...

What a clever way to get round hubby Kate,and your being encouraged to use it. Great mermaid make the colours are beautiful, loads of texture too.

pam said...

You certainly know your Alistair Kate lol.. beautiful canvas, lovely textures on you`re background love this image.
Pam x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous canvas Kate, you have created a fabulous underwater scene.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

I love your canvas Kate - its so pretty - a beautiful scene you have created!! I love your method to tell about the sewing machine - how clever you are!!! Hugs rachel x

Barb said...

A beautiful canvas Kate. Your mermaid is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your new sewing machine. Barbxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, I love your canvas, so much detail to see, a beautiful under water scene. I just love how you got round Alistair, that was brilliant, I may use that ruse some day lol!!!
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Sue said...

What a fab way to get round your hubby Kate I'll have to try that one hahaha maybe another dog??? Fabulous canvas it's really full of lots of things to keep your eyes drifting to different places on it:))) lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxx

Sue said...

WOW, Kate, this is awesome. So much to look at and take in. Wonderful composition of the scene, and the colors are beautiful. This looks like it was a fun piece to put togehter. You did a fabulous job on it too.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

How gorgeous is this Kate, gorgeous colours here. It is one awesome creation. xx{aNNie}

Flo Langley said...

LOL! My goodness Kate you little minx. Mind you I admire your ingenuity. Enjoy your new machine. Still giggling... Fantastic canvas. Beautiful underwater scene. You know, I always feel cheered after visiting your blog. Yep, still giggling.
Hugs Flo xx

Valerija said...

Amazing creation! Love all the details and wonderful colours.
Valerija xx

Erika said...

Ooooo you are naughty Kate winding up your hubby like that, LOL. Mine would be mad too.

Loving your canvas, the mermaid is super as are all the different elements, love the shell and seaweed. A perfect colour combo and great challenge met.

Have a super Wednesday, hugs Erika. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh you did make me laugh with your wonderful idea about your sewing machine, and how to break the news to your hubby.
I think we all suffer from that type of thing.
You definitely know your hubby well.

Your canvas is wonderful and such glorious colours too.
A lovely view of under the sea, and all the great textures.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Gorgeous Canvas Kate. I enjoyed a good giggle reading your sewing machine tale. So looking forward to our meet, and guess what Singers sewing machines will be there and I will get a few tips on appliqué. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous canvas Kate, I love the texture and design. The mermaid is beautiful too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Well, that gave me such a laugh,which I was in need of (another hospital trip 😳 boo hoo).
I can imagine the atmosphere in the car with his pals was blue.
Terrific canvas. Looks very Sheena Douglass.
Good luck in your challenge chuck.
Ang x

dutchess said...

What fun Kate always good to dip your toe into a new type of craft I have never dared to do a canvas and I really like your design and colours....
We have had a fabulous time up in Tain...just as you say the weather has been wonderful and Aunty was cheerful and content,we managed a day out to Brodie castle and have just now arrived home after our 9 hour journey home...
You are good at the reverse psychology with Alistair...must try that when I have new crafty stash! Xxxxxxxx

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the background you created. Hugs Anet x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! The background to your fabulous underwater scene is stunning. Loving the colours and details you added.

Zoe said...

Great card, thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx

Sandy said...

Really gorgeous Kate! It definitely gives me the feeling of being under the sea!!
sandy xx

annewaller said...

Gorgeous canvas and clever use of the stamps. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. Love the sewing machine story - tee hee, Anne x.